Friday, October 8, 2010

Trying to catch my breath...

I know, I know. It's been a while! Between life at home and life at work, things have been crazy busy!

I am going to attempt to catch up on a few things since I last posted. Pictures will have to come later though...

August, after our Como Zoo trip, was filled with a nice long visit to Grandma and Grandpa Meyer's house in Georgia. I ventured there on my own with the two kids. It was planned perfectly...our flight out was at 4:30pm, so Ethan would hopefully stay awake most of the afternoon and sleep on the flight there. WRONG! He took a short nap on the way to get Jake from work to drop us off, and then stayed awake the ENTIRE flight, including the TWO HOUR DELAY we had here in Minneapolis due to bad weather going through. It was enough to drive a mother crazy! Thank goodness for the iPod with movies on it!!!

We finally arrived in Georgia just after 10pm (we were supposed to be there around 8pm) and by the time we got back to Grandma & Grandpa's house it was almost 1am. Ethan thankfully fell asleep on the drive back, but Ella stayed awake, wanting to see their house. She fell asleep quickly after getting a quick tour, and when they woke the next morning it was like they had been there forever.

We spent two weeks there, and did a ton of fun things...we went to a zoo to see the infamous ZeDonk (a zebra and donkey had mated, and this was the result), we went to the waterpark a few times, went on a couple different boats, and did some shopping. It was a great vacation, and we were all sad to see it end. (Although Jake was happy to have us home again!)

The Monday after we returned, I started back to work again. The kids did a fantastic job transitioning back to full-time daycare. Ethan is very happy to see "May-May" (Mason) and "Ray-Ray" (Reagan) again, and Ella is almost feeling lonely now - two of the girls are in Kindergarten so they aren't there, and the other two are now sharing a spot, coming on alternating days.

Ella is now able to write her first name, and is able to identify almost all of the letters in the alphabet. She is a very girly girl, and decided when we were in Georgia that she wants to get her ears pierced. She is now in the process of "earning" them with good behavior both at daycare and at home. I think she may be able to get them by Christmas! She started her "church preschool" (Sunday School) and is absolutely loving it. Last weekend she got a Prayer Pillow with all the other 3 year olds, and is very determined to say her prayers daily!

Ethan is almost 18 months now, and has learned so much! He is definitely a sponge, and seems like he is going on 3 - wanting to do everything that his big sister does! His vocabulary is at about 60+ words right now - not all are completely clear, but you definitely know what he is trying to say! He has been doing really well in the Church nursery without Ella there, and is really a sweet little man! Sometimes I think he's almost too cute!!! (If that's even possible!)

As I said at the beginning, things have been crazy busy...I won't go into many details here, since this blog is mostly about my two kids, but being that I have started going to church again recently I would like to ask that any extra thoughts and prayers that could be sent our way would be appreciated. They would go to my parents for some issues my dad has been dealing with since last spring, to the family of one of my students this year, who had their life turned upside-down this past week, and to myself, to be able to get through everything that is on my plate without going crazy!!!

Until next time...



Photobucket

No comments: