Sunday, July 31, 2011

Fun in the summertime!

Okay, okay...so it's not been as easy as I liked to have thought it would be to keep up a blog with two very active children in the house! Last I posted, it was Ella's birthday and Ethan was in his Parent/Toddler ECFE class. Here's a quick recap of what has been happening since then...

March: Ethan was still in his class. He absolutely loved it, and made some new friends. Ella and mom went with a couple friends to see Disney Princesses on Ice. That was a very fun girl day! We had spring break, but the kids were at daycare almost every day. What did mom do? Shop. Relax. Clean the house. Laundry. Fun stuff, huh? The last full day of spring break I had the kids' pictures taken by a Mom's Group friend of mine. Here are a couple of really good ones of both kids.



April: April is now the month of MANY birthdays in our family! We got to celebrate Dylan's, Mom's, and Ethan's all the same weekend! We had a party for Ethan, and not to be outdone by Ella's Barbie Princess cake that Mommy made, Ethan got a Choo-Choo Train cake!
April also brought the Twins season...Ella and Mommy had another date with Uncle Ted, cousin Brianna, and Grandma Bonnie to go see them play at Target Field. She had a blast, although it wasn't the warmest out yet! The following week she got to have a date with Daddy for the annual Daddy/Daughter dance. She got a new dress, and was SO excited to go!
Easter was also at the end of April, and both kids thoroughly enjoyed hunting for eggs and finding their baskets of goodies!

May: There wasn't too much excitement for the kids in May, other than a dentist appointment for both! Ella had started crying during her exam, so Ethan thought that was what he was supposed to do too! They both did a good job though - no cavities! Hopefully when they go back in November, they will do better! Mommy did have some news in May, though...I found out that after 7 years of teaching 3rd grade in one building, I am off to new adventures in the fall teaching 3rd grade at another building. I hate to be leaving my wonderful coworkers, but change can be good, and I am hopeful that I will have the opportunity to return someday!

June: The end of school and beginning of summer vacation came in June. We had our first ever "Camping with Kids" in the backyard. Friends and relatives came for a campout, and boy was it ever fun! We roasted marshmallows for s'mores, had a movie theater outside, and slept in tents (well, almost everyone slept in tents!) It was a little chilly still, but EJx2 did great!!! Grandma and Grandpa Meyer came for another visit towards the end of June, and both kids had a few birthday parties they have been to. Other than that, the rest of June and all of July have been filled with the kids going to daycare every Tuesday and Thursday, and the other days we've gone to the MN Zoo, MN Children's Museum, Hastings Aquatic Center, and some different parks. It's been busy, but I am so glad I have had the opportunity to do these kinds of things with them!

I will definitely update in a few weeks, because we are leaving on Friday for a VERY special family vacation! We are fortunate to have Daddy coming with this time, and can I just say I can't WAIT to see the reaction from both kids when they find out where we are going!!! Hint: We will be visiting the place where you never grow up!

Until then...




Photobucket

No comments: